Donation Guidelines for the Career Clothing Closet
Thank you for your interest in donating to the Career Clothing Closet!
Alumni, students and their families, community members, faculty, and staff looking for a creative way to support students are encouraged to donate to the closet. Please review our donation guidelines today.
Location: CLS, John Chrystal Center, 1103 Park Street, Grinnell, IA 50112
Hours: Thursdays 3–4:45 p.m. during the semester and by appointment
Donors: Is your closet stuffed? Students look sharp in your gently used threads! Thin out your wardrobe and make a donation to the Career Clothing Closet today!
We accept clothing, in a range of sizes, that is:
- new or gently used, and
- appropriate to wear to an interview, professional conference, internship, or networking event
Items we accept include:
- dressy pants
- new or nearly new computer or attaché bags (no backpacks)
- professional shoes in new condition, black or brown
- dress belts, black or brown
- ties in mint condition
- outerwear that works in a professional setting
- new dress socks
Please do not donate:
- clothing with stains, rips, holes, tears, pilling, pet hair, broken zippers, or missing buttons
- clothing that has not been dry cleaned or laundered (please no make-up, deodorant, or perspiration stains)
- casual clothing including t-shirts
- out-of-date patterns or styles
We reserve the right to donate on any items that do not fit our requirements.
Please include your name and mailing address so we may thank you!
In the Grinnell Community
Please bring your donations to the John Chrystal Center, attn: Career Clothing Closet.
Please send clean donations to:
Career Clothing Closet
Center for Careers, Life, and Service
John Chrystal Center
1103 Park Street
Grinnell, IA 50112
If you are interested in supporting this initiative financially, we invite you to make a general gift to the Center for Careers, Life, and Service.