LinkedIn for Grinnell College Students
College students with LinkedIn Profiles can use the site to build a professional network, see real-time job alerts, be discovered by prospective employers, do research to prepare for interviews, and demonstrate dedication to pursuing a career or making a name for themselves in an industry. Getting started with LinkedIn is easy. Here are some resources to help you get and stay LinkedIn.
- Learning LinkedIn (video course, 2021) takes you step-by-step through setting up a profile.
- Rock Your Profile (webinar) helps you tell your story on LinkedIn. Make sure you have an established profile first.
- Connect with Grinnell Alums on LinkedIn (CLS Essentials Video)
- Find Grinnell Alums on LinkedIn (handout)
- Network within Grinnell College (link to the official GC page on LinkedIn)
- How to Communicate Effectively on LinkedIn (handout)
- Quick tips for building a great student profile (handout)
- LinkedIn: Creating Your Profile (general getting started video)
- Using LinkedIn Effectively (a quick guide to using LinkedIn/video)
- Ready to level up? Read 20 Steps to a Better LinkedIn Profile