Are you interested in a career in finance? Whether you are actively applying for a post-graduate financial job, seeking an internship, or just generally interested in learning more about this exciting career field, the Business and Finance (B&F) Career Community is offering a new way to support you. As a group we will learn about and pursue career opportunities in corporate finance, treasury, investment banking, portfolio management, trading, wealth management, and many other finance career paths.
Join the B&F Career Community’s newest cohort advising program! As a group we will learn, network, and actively immerse ourselves into the world of finance. As part of the cohort, you’ll get…
- A structured timeline and guidance on landing full-time and internship positions at the best companies globally
- Direct learning opportunities with various alumni speakers in successful finance careers on what the career is really like and tips for landing a position in finance
- Opportunities to learn the language of finance and basic knowledge necessary to land a finance position
- Insights from recruiters and recent graduates on landing a job in finance
- Guidance and practice on successfully navigating interviews
- Close review and revision of your application materials specific to finance roles
- Space to share ideas and advice
- Regular meetings for accountability and support from your peers, the career community director, and distinguished alumni
Email Michael Lawrence if you are interested in joining or have questions. We will meet approximately twice per month with a mix of in-person and virtual meetings. The first meeting for this semester will be on February 21, 2023 from 5:30–6:30pm in JCC 010. Please make sure to register in Handshake if you want to attend.
I look forward to working with you this semester!