Explore and Design a Community Engaged Learning (C-EL) Course
Our office can help you identify community partners relevant to your interests and explore with you how to add a community engagement aspect to a course. This phase must start 3 months to one year before the beginning of the class.
- Explore the purpose of adding a community component: What depth or dimension could a partnership bring?
- Explore what kinds of partnerships would be beneficial: community speakers, projects, field trips, observation, etc.
- Identify key constituents with whom to talk about resources
- Sketch our potential learning goals, course structure and seek informal approval from dept.
- Identify any needed funding sources
- Outline course structure or possible syllabus
- Submit new course/course change paperwork if necessary
- Confirm community partners and clarify partnership expectations logistics