The Chase Consumer & Community Bank Data & Analytics (“CCB D&A”) Team is the engine that powers Chase with insights to create competitive advantages for the business, inspire customer-centric innovation, and solve challenging business questions. The team encompasses a variety of disciplines from data governance and data strategy / partnerships to reporting, business intelligence, data science, and machine learning; and we collaborate closely with our technology, product, and design partners to deliver practical and impactful solutions. The scale and breadth of our work crosses CCB businesses and functions, including Consumer Banking, Home Lending, Card Services, Business Banking, Auto Finance, Digital, and Marketing.
CCB D&A is a collaborative, supportive, and dynamic team. You will bring your diverse perspectives to help us deliver innovative and actionable insights, products, and solutions for our business and clients. We provide the training, mentoring, and guidance to enable success and offer significant learning and mobility opportunities to support career development and growth.
Within the broader CCB D&A team, the Focused Analytics Solutions Team (“FAST”) is a centralized team that develops and executes actionable data science and analytical solutions in a consulting-style environment, while placinpremium on creative, practical problem solving and superior client interaction. An equally important part of the FAST mission is to facilitate classroom and apprenticeship style training and development for the next generation of data and analytics talent. The team works on a large range of strategic, highly visible projects with internal clients such as CCB Strategy, Corporate Development, and AML / KYC as well as analytics teams aligned to Consumer Banking, Home Lending, Card Services, Business Banking, Auto Finance, Digital, and Marketing. We develop data-centric solutions that move the bottom line for the firm, and this role is a unique opportunity to have meaningful impact on a large scale at a leading financial services firm.
FAST has two primary tracks – Data Science and Analytics Solutions, and our projects are staffed with practitioners from both of these tracks. Data Science team members are our hands-on-keyboard experts in data science, responsible for evaluating, coding, and delivering actionable analytical insights and recommendations. Analytics Solutions team members play a complementary role designing, managing, and incorporating analytical outputs to deliver end-to-end business solutions.
Short Job Description
FAST Analytics Solutions Summer Associates will spend their summer partnering with lines of business across Chase to support the management and implementation of end-to-end analytics solutions in a consulting-style environment.
The summer will begin with an onboarding training curriculum aimed at providing you and your new colleagues with the foundational tools and support system required to transition to project work. Your development journey will continue throughout the summer, with opportunities to expand your skillset through project work, mentorship, and structured training sessions. .
As an Analytics Solutions Summer Associate, you will make a meaningful impact by:
* Helping FAST and our internal clients develop actionable data-driven insights, solutions, products, and services that drive business decisions and enhance customer / employee experience at scale
* Developing a mix of consulting (problem solving, client interaction), project management (leading the development and rollout of data/analytics-driven products) and user-centered design (customer-first mindset, ideating, prioritizing solutions) skills
* Ensuring the alignment of analytical solutions to business outcomes and leveraging resources from supporting groups as necessary
* Engaging clients to assess the feasibility, and value of a given product / solution (e.g., usefulness, alignment to business outcomes
* Participating in the planning and execution of these solutions and strategies, as part of a project team with Data Scientists (i.e., the technical analysts) and experienced project leads
* Effectively communicating proposed solutions, roadmaps and status updates to all stakeholders, verbally and in written format
Chase’s FAST program is an opportunity to take your career to the next level through hands-on data analytics, project management, professional networking and mentorship. Program participants will be placed in the following locations, based on candidate interest and business need:
* Chicago, Illinois
* Columbus, Ohio
* Plano, Texas
* Wilmington, Delaware
We’re looking for highly motivated team players with a passion for data and the initiative and insight to develop innovative analytical solutions.
* Enrolled in an MBA or Master’s degree program, with an expected graduation between December 2024 and August 2025
* Attend college or university in the U.S.
* Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills – an ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences across business and technology partners, including senior leadership
* Consulting orientation with ability to influence business partners
* Experience managing projects and using project management tools; strong time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and keep multiple projects on track
* Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
* Self-starter with out-of-the box problem-solving skills
* Familiarity with innovation and design thinking (e.g., user interviews, ideation, prototyping) or product management principles
* Basic awareness of data analytics and/or visualization techniques (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau), as well as big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, AWS)
* Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, etc. preferred
* Basic knowledge of SQL is a plus
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2023 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran