In August, the Center for Careers, Life, and Service launched our new all-in-one virtual career center platform designed to help you thrive during your time at Grinnell and after. Offering students, their families, alums, employers, and campus colleagues opportunities to engage with the CLS and our vast array of resources, this dynamic new site encourages you to:
- Customize Your Experience: Take two minutes to select or update your preferences. You’ll receive automated email messages showing you the latest information from our site directly related to your interests and aspirations.
- Discover Resources: Poke around—there’s so much to see! We have videos, LinkedIn Learning courses, print resources, great online aides like GoinGlobal, and pictures of our CLS pets for you to enjoy.
- Learn about Civic Engagement: Our Social Service and Innovation (SSI) crew is hard at work finding meaningful ways for you to engage with the world. Learn more about how to integrate civic engagement into your journey, including community volunteer options on the new SSI database.
- Explore Fellowships and Post-Grad Options: Grinnell College students and alumni apply for and receive national, merit-based fellowships and awards at exceptionally high rates. Learn how this success is powered by our individually advised curriculum paired with strategic cocurricular and extracurricular involvement in service-learning, internships, independent study and research, and more.
- Investigate Jobs: Whether you’re looking for a job on campus, an internship, or a full-time professional step, our Employer Engagement group posts new opportunities daily. Handshake is the place to go for a complete listing, but the new website curates opportunities by field of interest. When you subscribe, you’ll see listings that sure to pique your interest!
- Enjoy Events: The entire CLS staff presents events that are designed to help you, from working on your résumé to strategizing your summer to meeting with alums. Your email lists the events relevant to you. Check out the complete list any time right from our home page.
- Make Appointments: Bespoke individual advising is available to students year-round with our amazing advisers. Whether you’re exploring your options, applying to professional or graduate schools, honing your résumé, looking for service opportunities, or needing a new outfit for an interview, the CLS is here to support your amazing journey.